Mathia © 2022 – All rights reserved
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA (RGPD and Data Protection Act)
In accordance with the provisions of the law known as “Informatique et Libertés” of January 6, 1978, you are informed that the Publishers carry out automated processing of your personal data, in particular when you connect to the Platform in a context requiring the collection of your personal data.
– The way in which personal data is collected and processed. All data capable of identifying a user must be considered as personal data. These include the first name, last name, age, class and school, postal address, email address, location of the user or his IP address;
– What are the rights of users regarding the data;
– Who is responsible for the processing of personal data collected and processed;
– to whom this data is transmitted;
– The site’s policy on “cookies”.
This confidentiality policy supplements the legal notices and the General Conditions of Use that Users can consult on the mathia.education site.
1. Processing and purposes
- The data collected on the teacher platform: lms.mathia.education, whose data controller is the Ministry of National Education and Youth are as follows:
- Student identification data: First name, Pseudo / Login, Class, Group possibly.
- Teacher identification data: Nickname, Mail, Region, Level of education: CP, CE1 or CE2.
- Browser and connection data: Request headers (User-Agent, Origin and Referer), software version, request date (generated by the Friendly Captcha protection system)
This data is collected when users carry out activities on the application.
- This data is collected when users create an account on lms.mathia.education.
- The data collected on the Mathia application, for which the data controller is the Ministry of National Education and Youth are as follows:
- Student voice data
- Activity data, defined by learning traces (Account.name, Verb, Result.success, Result.duration, Object, Class code, Activity name, activity identifier, Exercise name, Exercise ID, Binomial, Team Members, Team ID, Response, Response Mode, Game Mode, Session Dates, Hid, Remote Control) and exercise assignments per student
This data is collected when users perform activities on the application.
These data are likely to evolve for the needs of the good functioning of the project and the product.
- The data collected on the companion site, for which the data controller is SAS VMPS CORPORATION are as follows: First name, Last name, Email, Phone, IP address
This data is collected when a user completes the form on the mathia.education site.
The processing of personal data concerning the user public, namely Students and Teachers, consists of the collection and storage of information concerning their use of the application. This information is collected for the following purposes:
- Keep the content relating to the use of the application by Students and Teachers, anonymously and for an unlimited period, in order to allow the construction of artificial intelligence.
- Production of statistics for teachers: monitoring of student results, group proposals and adaptive courses
- Manage complaints and requests from families and teachers.
- Manage requests for the right of access, rectification and opposition.
In any case, we do not record on our site your personal information concerning the payment by bank card.
2. Limitation and relevance
We undertake to limit our collections to the data strictly necessary for the purpose of the treatment envisaged, without which we could not provide MATHIA’s service in a qualitative manner.
In order to ensure the best possible quality of service, we are required to communicate the data collected to various recipients, duly authorized for this purpose, namely:
- Our internal services: technical and functional administrators involved in the development, improvement and maintenance of Mathia.
- Our teachers for data concerning the students for which they are responsible.
- Our students, for data concerning their activities, scores, progressions.
- Our subcontractors:
- Microsoft Azure for the transcription of audio streams into text. This subcontractor is central to the solution and enables voice recognition.
- OVH and Cloud-Infinity for server hosting. These subcontractors are central to the solution, providing server hosting, storage and calculations.
- Friendly Captcha, a tool for protecting websites against SPAM and abuse. This subcontractor is more of an accompanying service, without which the service could function, but it is justified for the security of the service.
- SendInBlue for mathia.education and lms.mathia.education: emailing tool. This subcontractor is a support service
- Whereby, a videoconferencing tool allowing webinars for exchanges between project participants. This subcontractor is part of a support service
With regard to the latter, the controller guarantees that no transfer outside the European Union will be made of personal data.
And on request, to any user for whom personal data has been collected.
4. Data retention
Your data is kept in our databases for the time necessary for the intended processing.
Beyond this period, the data is destroyed or archived according to the legislation in force.
|Type of data||Retention period|
|Identification data related to the student’s account||3 months after the end of the school year of the last login|
|Identifying data related to the teacher’s account||1 year after the last login|
|Activity data, student history||3 months after the end of the school year of the last login|
|Voice data||Not applicable: this data is anonymised|
|Browser and connection data||30 days after data generation|
5. Data hosting
The mathia.education Site as well as the Application API is hosted by: OVH, whose head office is located at the address below:
2 rue Kellermann – 59100 ROUBAIX The host can be contacted at the telephone number next: +33 9 72 10 10 07 The data collected and processed by the site are hosted and processed exclusively in France.
The lms.mathia.education Site is hosted by: Cloud Infinity Communications SAS, whose head office is located at the address below: 32 Boulevard de Vaugirard 75015 Paris The host can be contacted at the following telephone number: +33 (0) 9 70 75 02 30 – https://www.cloud-infinity.com/fr The data collected and processed by the site are hosted and processed exclusively in France.
6. Data controller
Concerning the lms.mathia.education Site and the Application, the data controller is the Ministry of National Education and Youth followed by the DNE TN2.
The companies Prof en Poche, Tralalère and LumenAI are data processing subcontractors as partners of the MathIA project.
Concerning the companion site mathia.education, Prof en Poche is the data controller.
The data protection officer is Mr. Samuel Imbert. You can reach him:
– By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In case of difficulty, you can contact email@example.com who then calls on the MathIA teams to implement the required action.
The data controller is responsible for determining the purposes and means used for the processing of personal data.
The data controller undertakes to protect the personal data collected, not to transmit them to third parties without the user having been informed and to respect the purposes for which these data were collected.
In the event that the integrity, confidentiality or security of the user’s personal data is compromised, the data controller undertakes to inform the user by any means.
7. Your rights over the data concerning you
You have the right to access, rectify and delete your personal data.
Regarding the right to access or delete the personal data of a minor student, a legal guardian may request information or the erasure of the data collected on his child. In this case, he requests it from the student’s teacher. The latter is in charge of verifying that the quality of legal representative is justified. Then, he transfers the request by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org and in case of difficulty to the address of the DPD of the data controller email@example.com . If the deletion request concerns the teacher account, he makes his own request directly to the address indicated above.
Concerning the right of rectification, the legal guardian or the teacher can make a request by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and in case of difficulty to the address of the DPD of the data controller email@example.com .
Understand your IT rights and freedoms
In accordance with the revised version of the Data Protection Act, transposing into French In accordance with the revised version of the Data Protection Act, transposing into French law the requirements of the GDPR and setting the “digital majority” at 15 years, and in order to protect the personal data and the privacy of minors, we ask for any registration of a pupil under the age of 15 the consent of the person having parental authority to the collection of all data concerning him, namely his use of the MATHIA application, in particular the actions carried out and their vocal recordings.
We implement all the technical and organizational measures useful with regard to the nature of the personal data that you entrust to us, and the risks presented by their processing – in order to preserve the security of your data and prevent them from being distorted, destroyed, damaged, or accessed by unauthorized third parties.
To this end, we put in place technical measures such as firewalls; organizational measures such as a unique username and password system for each of our employees, internal or external; means of physical protection, etc.
The site has an SSL certificate to guarantee that the information and the transfer of data passing through the site are secure.
An SSL certificate (“Secure Socket Layer” Certificate) is intended to secure the data exchanged between the user and the site.
10. Cookies and trackers
We remind you that the settings are likely to modify your experience on our site.
The configuration of each browser is different. It is described in the help menu of your browser, which will allow you to know how to modify your preferences in terms of cookies.
You can disable cookies by following the instructions below:
If you are using Internet Explorer browser
• In Internet Explorer, click on the “Tools” button, then on “Internet Options”;
• Under the “General” tab, under “Browsing history”, click on “Settings”;
• Click on the “Show files” button;
• Click on the “Name” column header to sort all files in alphabetical order, then browse the list until you see files beginning with the prefix “Cookie” (all cookies have this prefix and usually contain the name of the website that created the cookie);
• Select the cookie (s) including the name “profenpoche” and delete them;
• Close the window which contains the list of files, then click twice on “OK” to return to Internet Explorer.
If you are using the Firefox browser
• Go to the “Tools” tab of the browser then select the “Options” menu;
• In the window that appears, choose “Privacy” and click on “Display cookies”;
• Locate the files which contain the name “profenpoche” and click on “Delete”;
• Select the cookies that contain the name of the sites concerned and click on “Delete” or “Delete all”;
If you are using the Safari browser
• In your browser, choose the “Edit> Preferences” menu;
• Click on “Security”; • Click on “Show cookies”;
• Select the cookies that contain the name “profenpoche” and click on “Delete” or “Delete all”;
• After deleting the cookies, click on “Done”.
If you are using the Google Chrome browser
• In the toolbar of your browser, select “More”;
• Select “Settings”;
• At the bottom of the page, select “Show advanced settings”;
• In the “Confidentiality” section, select “Content settings”;
• Select “Prohibit all sites from storing data”;
• Select “OK”.
The Site Editor reserves the right to modify it in order to ensure compliance with the law in force.
Consequently, the user is invited to regularly consult this confidentiality policy in order to stay informed of the latest changes made to it.
12. Complaint to the CNIL
If you believe, after contacting us, that your rights over your data have not been respected, you can submit a complaint (complaint) to the CNIL.